RESEARCH OFFICE / INCUBATIOR
The faculty of Larnaca College, actively participate in various research activities, carried out in collaboration with scientists from top universities in the world. Such as University of Athens, University of Crete, Nottingham University, Libre University, University of London). Furthermore, lecturers of Larnaca College have published their work in international academic journals and books. During the academic year 2017-2018, academics of Larnaca College published more than 60 articles in international journals (Scopus indexed), in a wide range of disciplines: computer science, natural sciences and Engineering, Medicine, health sciences, Education, social sciences, business administration.
Larnaca College Research Office aims to:
- Secure the highest quality standards for research projects carried out through Larnaca College.
- Motivate academic staff to embark on and continue their research activity, and promote such activity from the academic staff.
- Give skills development assistance to academic staff who are not PhD holders but wish to pursue PhD study.
- Disseminate research and knowledge through the organization of seminars, guest lectures and other events, as well as with the publication of the Larnaca College journal.
- Involve the college in research projects granted by EU or Cyprus research institutions.
- Cultivate the research skills of students and support them in all their undertakings that might involve research.
In sum, the Larnaca College Research Office will consolidate research carried out by the college in ways that will facilitate the continuous production of knowledge and will support and motivate not only the academic staff but also the student corpus.
College has set up a Business incubator (in collaboration with various Business organizations). Apparently innovative ideas based on research will be disseminated in a constructive manner communicated to entrepreneurs in order to create an added value in business corporations in Cyprus, not only in the city of Larnaka but also in the wider market of Cyprus. It is undoubtedly true that Cyprus is gaining momentum in terms of economic growth and Development after the financial collapse of 2013. Our attempt is to create a base for constructive views and ideas, which derive out of research in such a way that, would benefit businesses in order to take advantage of the recent economic growth (a case to point is the Hospitality & Tourism Industry which has a significant increase in the number of tourists who visit Cyprus). The college close contact with the industry also, aims to create additional services/products to satisfy incoming tourists on one hand and on the other hand to benefit hoteliers and Travel & Tourism Agencies. At the same time the faculty offers consultancy to local organizations by providing innovative marketing and management solutions to business, community and government organizations dedicated to the delivery of tourism, hospitality, sport, event, and leisure services and products.
To sustain the development,innovation and prosperity of business cooperation in Cyprus.
To bring about the required changes in order to cope and compete with the increase challenges and rapid changes of global Market.