Accredited Programme by
1. Program’s purpose and objectives:
The program has been developed to provide high quality education by exposing students to various aspects of the business management practice. It is designed to focus on developing students’ capabilities required to be competitive and successful in any industry or entrepreneurial venture.
Larnaca College is offering a carefully structured MBA with a number of designated pathways/specializations. Each pathway leads to a designated award. The following pathways are available:
MBA Public Management
MBA Hospitality Management
MBA Human Resource Management
All the pathways in the program share a common set of aims and purpose. The general aims of the program are to:
- Offer a portfolio of programs all of which involve study of the fundamental areas of management but each of which, in addition, gives students a choice of specialist study.
- Provide students with a program offering a balance of theory and practical skills which will facilitate their intellectual and professional development.
- Equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to achieve the appropriate level of postgraduate award and to continue their lifelong development of learning.
Program General Objectives
The main program objectives, common to all pathways, are to enable students to develop and enhance their:
- Critical understanding and thinking of how they learn and their ability to formulate new ideas
- Knowledge of contemporary and business philosophies
- Skills in numeracy to enable them to understand and use finance and accounting processes
- Skills in analysis, evaluation, synthesis and the development of critical judgements and decision making in business, management and organisational contexts
- Ability to undertake original research and to analyse the data and information gathered and implement new ideas and strategies for the benefit of organisations, and bring these to a successful conclusion
- Ability to implement new ideas and strategies for the benefit of organisations
- Written and oral communication skills and the effective use of media and methods in the communication of ideas to a variety of appropriate audiences
2. Intended learning outcomes:
Generic Program Outcomes:
Graduates will be able to demonstrate a range of cognitive and intellectual skills together with techniques specific to business and management. They also demonstrate relevant personal and interpersonal skills.
- being able to think critically and be creative: manage the creative processes in self and others; organize thoughts, analyse, synthesize and critically appraise. This includes the capability to identify assumptions, evaluate statements in terms of evidence, detect false logic or reasoning, identify implicit values, define terms adequately and generalize appropriately
- being able to solve complex problems and make decisions: establish criteria, using appropriate decision-making techniques including identifying, formulating and solving business problems; the ability to create, identify and evaluate options; the ability to implement and review decisions
- the ability to conduct research and inquiry into business and management issues either individually or as part of a team through research design, the collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data, synthesis and reporting
- using information and knowledge effectively in order to abstract meaning from information and to share knowledge, including the use of quantitative skills
- effective communication: networking, listening, oral and written communication of complex ideas and arguments, using a range of media, including the preparation of business reports
- high personal effectiveness: critical self-awareness, self-reflection and self-management; time management; conflict resolution, displaying commercial acumen, the ability to continue to learn through reflection on practice and experience
- soft skills: understanding the needs of others and empathy towards them; sensitivity to diversity in people and in different situations
- effective performance within team environments and the ability to recognize and use individuals’ contributions in group processes and to negotiate and persuade or influence others; team selection, delegation, development and management
- the ability to recognize the need for and initiate change and to be able to manage change
- leadership and performance management: selecting appropriate leadership style for different situations; setting objectives, motivating, monitoring performance, coaching and mentoring
- the ability to recognize and address ethical dilemmas, corporate social responsibility and sustainability issues, applying ethical and organisational values to situations and choices.
MBA MANAGEMENT (accredited)
Our MBA Management will give the knowledge as well as to provide an educational experience which enables students to achieve an integrated understanding of the operation and strategy of management and to develop appropriate intellectual and personal skills
MBA HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT (accredited)
Our MBA Hospitality Management will give you the knowledge, understanding and ability to manage relevant processes, procedures and principles, together while enhancing the student’s critical view of those strategic and operational contexts which make up modern and global hospitality management environment.
MBA PUBLIC MANAGEMENT (accredited)
Our MBA Public Management will give you the knowledge and a clear foundation of knowledge about the nature, role and development of the public sector and current trends in it’s evolution, and the skills and understanding required for further career progression with the public sector.
MBA HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGEMENT (accredited)
Our MBA Human Resource Management will give you the knowledge how managers are best able to utilize human resources to create added value for customers and to secure a competitive advantage for their organization.