BBA - Bachelor in Business Administration
* Accounting and Financial Management
* Hospitality and Tourism Management
Accredited Programme by:
1. Program’s purpose and objectives:
The primary purpose of the Bachelor in Business Administration (BBA) is to offer high quality education, essential integrating knowledge and skills underpinning the administration of a business and the developments of the global business environment. It aims to develop students‘ intellectual ability, professionalism, managerial and leadership skills by combining academic and professional based education. To achieve this, the program provides students with theoretical and practical skills in accounting and finance, human resource management, corporate and business law, marketing, management information systems, economics as well as management principles and practical skills essential for the hospitality and tourism industry. The ultimate objective is to focus on developing students‘ capabilities required to be competitive and successful in any business related industry and entrepreneurial venture.
Taking into consideration the purpose and objectives as indicated above, Larnaca College is offering a carefully structured BBA with three designated specializations. Each pathway leads to a designated award. The following pathways are available:
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
Program Generic Objectives
All the specializations in the program share a common set of objectives. The Generic Educational Objectives of the BBA are to enable its graduates to:
- Make a constructive contribution to business settings in the national and global context
- Initiate entrepreneurial ventures or demonstrate intraprenuership for their employer organizations
- Recognize the necessity to adapt to the constant socio-economic, technological and global changes by engaging in a continuous professional development and independent learning
- Apply managerial capabilities, analytical and critical thinking, decision-making and problem-solving competencies, business communication skills, legal and ethical behavior appropriate and expected in any business setting that promotes their personal and professional achievement
- Enhance analytical skills and decision making in reaching solutions to problems relating to any type of a business
- Be familiar with both general and specialized curriculum content through core courses, specializations and electives to be suitable candidates for diverse careers through a well‐rounded business education
- Demonstrate specialized knowledge and competencies in their area of concentration (Management, Accounting and Finance or Hospitality and Tourism)
- Have a solid foundation to be able to pursue professional careers and/or continue for future academic prospects such as MBA, MSc, MA, M. Phil, MRes and Ph.D.
2. Intended learning outcomes:
The BBA in management provides students with a solid grounding in the core functions of management followed by the opportunity to develop an understanding of global business and develop advanced knowledge and practical skills in a variety of business roles. It introduces students to organizations in all sectors and familiarizes them to the techniques which draw from numerous business related subjects including marketing, organizational behavior, managing organizations and people, accounting and interpreting financial data and business operations. The objectives are to enable students to develop and be able to apply critical thinking and interpersonal skills especially in problem solving situations which are useful in any business setting. The aim is to help students gain the necessary theoretical and practical experience they need for a variety of management careers.
Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the BBA Management program, it is expected that students will:
- Develop an essential understanding of business management principles and their application in different organizational contexts
- Develop analytical, decision making, problem-solving, creative and learning skills for managing business ventures
- Appreciate the value of managing people and organizations by knowing the different management theories
- Develop leadership and management skills which can be used to motivate employees Develop a critical awareness of economic, social, innovation, technological and ethical context of varied enterprises and business management.
- Develop a basic understanding of accounting and financial management concepts and how this relates to the functions of an organization
- Understand the basic economic principles and theories of a business enterprise.
- Understand the core theoretical frameworks employed to explore and conceptualize business strategy
- Appreciate the fundamental principles of corporate and business law and know how they are applied in the development of a business enterprise
BBA Accounting and Financial Management
The BBA in Accounting and Financial Management provides a detailed understanding of financial systems and accounting concepts along with strong development of analytical skills and broad knowledge of other core business functions. The program provides students with a solid business foundation through the core business modules and advanced skills in accounting and finance management through the specialized curriculum. The aim is to help students prepare for a wide variety of accounting and financial related careers in any business environment in the public and private sectors globally. It also aims to prepare candidates to apply and become accredited by the global body for professional accountants such as the ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, the AIA (Association of International Accountants) or any other internationally recognized accounting bodies.
Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the BBA Accounting and Financial Management program, it is expected that students will:
- Synthesize and process accounting concepts in a variety of professional settings.
- Be able to apply knowledge and skills to prepare, analyze, record and report financial information in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Be able to appropriately apply advanced cost concepts to make and defend managerial decisions using internal and external information.
- Effectively utilize accounting and business software applications and strategically develop an accounting information system.
- Evaluate and apply tax concepts to prepare corporate and partnership tax returns.
- Prepare, analyze and use financial reports for decision-making
- Interact and communicate professionally and effectively with others in accounting settings
- Be able to follow standards of professional conduct and ethical issues related to the practice of accounting and the impact on stakeholders
BBA Hospitality and Tourism Management
The BBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management provides students with the necessary knowledge, skills and competencies necessary to succeed in the hospitality and tourism business sector. The courses are designed in such a way so that students gain management skills necessary to successfully hold supervisory positions in the hotel, restaurant and tourism industry. It introduces students to explore areas of finance, marketing, human resources, strategic and operations management alongside hospitality and tourism specific options. The aim is to help students gain challenging and rewarding positions as managers within multinational organizations nationally or globally such as world-class hotels and the tourism industry.
Intended Learning Outcomes
By the end of the BBA Hospitality and Tourism Management program, it is expected that students will:
- Become familiar with the hospitality and tourism business industry
- Develop knowledge and practical management skills suitable for the hospitality and tourism industry
- Understand social and global trends in the hospitality and tourism management
- Be able to understand and address socioeconomic, cultural and environmental issues relevant to managing hospitality and tourism operations
- Assess the leadership, supervisory, and human relations skills within the hospitality and tourism industry
- Be able to apply effective sales techniques and procedures including marketing, public relations, and entrepreneurship within the hospitality and tourism industry
- Know the legal and ethical laws that affect the hospitality and tourism industry and be able to act responsibly as ethical and independent managers
- Develop operational plans, organize and control organizational resources in order to optimize customer expectations in the hospitality and tourism environment