Library Slogan: Educate Thyself
Larnaca College is a private college in Larnaca Cyprus. The Library is providing educational resources and services to support learning at Larnaca College. Additionally, library mission is to support the needs of the college students, faculty, staff as well as support research. The Library is open for the current members of the college and other groups and individuals according to the Library’s Admission policy. The Library is ensuring that you can get the books you need and within a reasonable time. People who use the library facility must posses their college student card and show it on request to Library Staff. Unauthorized people are not allowed to the Library.
Conduct within the Library
- No food or drink is permitted in the Library room.
- Smoking (including smoking of electronic and herbal cigarettes) is not permitted in the Library room or outside near external doorways.
- Mobile phones can be used in the Library but disruptive mobile phone use is prohibited. Phones should be set to silent mode in the Library room.
- Library users are asked to treat other users with consideration.
- No material other than official notices from the Library or the College may be distributed or posted within the Library, without the permission of the appropriate Library manager.
- Library furniture, fittings or equipment must not be misused or their arrangement altered.
- Library users may be asked to present their bag for inspection by Library staff, as well as any books or folders they are carrying.
- Any damage or defacement of Library materials is strictly prohibited and users found damaging material will be subject to disciplinary procedures. Library users are asked to report any instances of such defacement to Library staff.
- Photography is not permitted unless permission is sought.
Loan facilities and terms of borrowing
- Current members of the College and certain categories of external users may borrow from the Library.
- Loans may normally be renewed if the book is not required by the Library for another user. Special rules may apply for items in high-use categories.
- External users may have access to the Library during vacation at the discretion of Library staff.
- Course books may not be removed from the Collection unless issued on loan.
- The College Student Card is required whenever borrowing items.
- Library materials on loan to one person may not be transferred to another. The person in whose name the loan is made is solely responsible for the safekeeping and due return of items loaned.
- Items on loan may be recalled at any time if required for the use of another reader. Failure to return recalled books on time will result in application of appropriate sanctions.
- Sanctions to be applied for the late return of borrowed or recalled material will be determined from time to time by the Library’s management.
- Late return of materials borrowed, or failure to comply with sanctions, may result in suspension of borrowing privileges and access, in the case of external user categories.
Use of information technology facilities within the Library
- Use of information technology facilities within the Library is governed by College Conditions of Use of such Services.
It is essential that you return books that have been requested by other readers. You will not be able to renew items that are required by others.
Books are shared across all readers and our teaching collections can be in high demand. To ensure the fair circulation of material we have a process where you can request a book that is on loan to another reader. We will inform you when the material you have requested can be picked up. Normally this takes 3 – 7 days.
Interlibrary Loan Facility with the University of Cyprus library
Interlibrary Loan is the service that is provided to the users for the better coverage of the information and research needs. When the local collections are not positioned to satisfy the information needs of the users, then the libraries, in terms of offered quality, they address to other libraries to cover these needs.
The Interlibrary Loan intends to complete the local collections and it is not a substitute of collections that the libraries develop for the coverage of information and research needs of users.
Contact Information And Opening hours
Monday to Friday:
9am – 6pm
(9am – 9pm when is needed)