The Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education
Larnaca College’s undergraduate and post-graduate programs are fully accredited by the Cyprus Agency of Quality Assurance and Accreditation (CYQAA), the accrediting authority in the Republic of Cyprus. CYQAA responsibilities include program evaluation and accreditation in higher education.
CYQAA ensures the quality of higher education in the Republic of Cyprus and supports the continuous improvement and enhancement of higher education institutions (HEIs) and their programs of study through procedures provided by the relevant legislation.
The agency has, according to the law, extended competencies amongst which are the following:
- Institutional, departmental and programmatic evaluation and accreditation of higher education.
- Quality assurance in higher education on the basis of the European Standards.
- The evaluation and accreditation of cross-border forms of education offered by local institutions in member states or third countries.
- Assessment of the conditions for the provision of cross-border education from foreign institutions in Cyprus.
- Assessment of inter-institutional cooperation of higher education institutions.
- The provision of information regarding quality assurance in higher education.
Further information about CYQAA