1. Program’s purpose and objectives:
This program has been designed in order to provide high quality education by exposing students to various aspects of the hospitality and tourism businesses. The program will assist students to gain the needed education, skills and expertise as tomorrow hospitality business managers. The curriculum has been developed so that students will be able to acquire the specialized knowledge needed for their hospitality and tourism business careers, as well as to understand the basic functions, objectives and tools of management that are common to managerial roles. Industry trends and the changing market needs of the global business environment were considered as well. Required and elective courses have been developed as to give students a strong sense of managerial responsibilities needed in hospitality and tourism businesses. It is expected that graduates upon successful graduation will be hired in supervisory or trainee management positions in various hospitality and tourism businesses.
2. Intended learning outcomes:
Upon successful completion of the program, students are expected to:
- Become familiar with hospitality and tourism businesses
- Develop knowledge and skills in both theory and management practice in the areas of hospitality and tourism environment
- Understand and address socioeconomic, cultural and environmental issues relevant with managing hospitality and tourism operations
- Understand social trends in the hospitality and tourism management
- Obtain an understanding of the management of personnel and resources in a socio-economic setting with emphasis on the human behavior.
- Acquire the attributes of a supervisory-level employee, including professional skills, and organizational abilities.
- Gain real-world experience through summers practicum at local hospitality and tourism businesses.
- Be developed academically through general, computer, English and foreign language courses.
- Develop analytical and decision-making skills through mathematics and statistics courses.
- Harness hospitality to business opportunity and support processes with the appropriate technology through the business and management information systems courses.
- Analyze business problems and to propose innovative solutions.
- Develop their problem-solving and communication skills.
- Demonstrate various management competencies.
- Act responsibly as ethical and independent managers.
- Develop a supportive organizational environment that fosters teamwork, loyalty, creativity and mutual understanding.
- Develop strategic and operational plans, and to organize and control organizational resources in order to optimize customer expectations in the hospitality and tourism environment.
3. Course Distribution Per Semester
|COURSE CODE||COURSE TITLE|
|HOSP-100||INTRODUCTION TO THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY||R|
|TOU-100||INTRODUCTION TO TRAVEL AND TOURISM||R|
|GER-100||GERMAN LANGUAGE I||R|
|HOSP-102||INTRODUCTION TO HOTEL AND CATERING MANAGEMENT||R|
|TOU-200||AIRLINE AND TRAVEL OPERATIONS||R|
|GER-102||GERMAN LANGUAGE II||R|
|HOSP-200||FRONT OFFICE OPERATIONS||R|
|HOSP-202||HOUSEKEEPING AND MAINTENANCE MANAGEMENT||R|
|GRE-100||GREEK LANGUAGE I||R|
|TMGT-101||INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT||R|
|HOSP-206||ONTRODUCTION TO FOOD AND BEVERAGE MANAGEMENT||R|
|HOSP-208||FOOD AND BEVERAGE COST CONTROL||R|
|GRE-102||GREEK LANGUAGE II||R|
|HOSP-300||RESTAURANT OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT||R|
|HOSP-302||FACILITIES LAYOUT AND DESIGN||R|
|HRM-305||HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT||R|
|TOU-306||INTERNATIONAL HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM INDUSTRY||R|
|MIS-214||MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM||R|
|HOSP-400||MANAGING QUALITY SERVICES IN THE HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY||R|
|HOSP-402||HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM LAW||R|
|BUS-212||ENTERPRENEURSHIP: NEW VENTURE DEVELOPMENT||R|
|CSC-302||INTRODUCTION TO E-BUSINESS||E|
|FIN-403||FINANCIAL SYSTEMS AND AUDITING||E|
|MKT-405||ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION||E|
|BUS-224||BUSINESS AND SOCIETY||E|
|SOC-205||UNDERSTANDING SOCIAL CHANGE||E|
|ECO-323||MONEY AND BANKING||E|
|ECO-325||DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS AND POLICY||E|
|MKT-412||INTERNATIONAL MARKETING STRATEGY||E|
|BUS-424||BUSINESS POLICY AND CORPORATE STRATEGY||E|
|BUS-324||CHANGE AND CREATIVITY IN ORGANISATIONS||E|
|LAW-423||INTERNATIONAL LAW IN CONTEMPORARY SOCIETY||E|
|LAW-424||HUMAN RIGHTS AND THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER||E|
|FRE-100||FRENCH LANGUAGE I||E|
|FRE-102||FRENCH LANGUAGE II||E|
|SCO-100||INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY||E|
|PSY-100||INTRODUCTION TO PSYCHOLOGY||E|
|HOSPITALITY AND TOURISM ELECTIVES|
|HOSP-304||MEETINGS, EVENTS AND CONFERENCE MANAGEMENT||E|
|TOU-300||SPECIAL INTEREST TOURISM||E|
|HOSP-316||INNOVATION IN TOURISM AND HOSPITALITY INDUSTRY||E|
|HOSP-318||CONTEMPORARY ISSUES IN HOSPITALITY||E|
|TOU-324||TOURISM, HERITAGE AND SOCIETY||E|
|HOSP-114||SUMMER PRACTICUM I||Ε|
|HOSP-214||SUMMER PRACTICUM II||Ε|
|HOSP-314||SUMMER PRACTICUM III||Ε|
|1||DR ANDREAS SIAMAROU||DTech Diploma in Electrical Engineering of Technician Engineer
BEng (Hons) in Electronic and Communication Engineering
MA in Business Administration
PhD Wireless Local Area Radio Networks
| CSC100- COMPUTER APPLICATIONS
MIS214- MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM
|2||DR MARIA IOANNOU
|PhD English Literature and Gender Studies
BA English, MA IN International Studies
LLB Bachelor of Laws
|3||DR ARIS MOYSSOULIDES||SHA Diploma in Hotel Management(with Merit)
Msc in Hotel Administration
Doctor of Professional studies (Dprof) in Hotel and Tourism Management
|TOU100-INTRODUCTION TO HOSPITALITY TOURISM
HOSP200-FRONT OFFICE OPERATION( 2 ΜΈΡΕΣ)
TOU106-GEOGRAPHY OF TOURISM
|4||DR ANDREAS KARYOS|| BA History and Archeology
MA in 20th century European History
PhD in Cypriot History
|GRE100-GREEK LANGUAGE I
GRE102-GREEK LANGUAGE IΙ
|5||DR KYRIACOS PARIDES||BA Mathematics
MA of Science
PhD of Philosophy
|6||DR CHRISTODOULOS KAKOYRIS||Diploma of Technician Engineer
Bachelor of Science Electronics Engineering Technology
MA of Business Administration
PhD of Philosophy in Business Administration
|7||DR COSTAS KAKOUDAKIS||Diploma of Higher Education in Hospitality Management
BSC(HNS) International Hospitality and Tourism Management
MA Strategic Hospitality Management
MA Strategic Consumer Marketing
PHD Business and Management
|MGT101-INTRODUCTION TO MANAGEMENT